James was a big fan of Santa until made to sit on his lap. I didn't even bother making my girls try the same—we all know how that would have turned out.
Monday, November 14, 2011
Breakfast with Santa
It's tacky, I know, but in the suburbs, there's nothing like the mall to get you in the Christmas mood. The lights! The music! The North Pole village with that big velvet chair, all ready for Santa to come! Saturday morning, the Utah Taylors woke early to have breakfast with Santa at the local mall. It started with a mini parade of local sports mascots and bagpipes (the guys teared up) , followed by a fire engine carrying Santa and several children recovering from cancer (the girls teared up). Camryn wasn't too thrilled to stand right next to Santa as he climbed down from the fire truck, but she WAS thrilled to find a balloon tied to her chair at breakfast! We ate and posed for pictures, then watched the cousins ride the carousel, play on the ride-on toys, and tear through the mall playground before breaking for a Taco Bell lunch. It was an awesome way to greet the Christmas season.


James was a big fan of Santa until made to sit on his lap. I didn't even bother making my girls try the same—we all know how that would have turned out.
James was a big fan of Santa until made to sit on his lap. I didn't even bother making my girls try the same—we all know how that would have turned out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You all look like you had such a blast!!! I'm a bit jealous - I miss the Utah Taylors (all seven of them) soooo much! Melinda, you look darling there! Stephen looks like he is a kid in a candy store. James's hat is adorable. I love it!!!
"We all know how that would have turned out..." Santa might have suffered temporary deafness or a head-bash to the nose! Do you think Tamsin would have minded him so much?
We should really scan that one pic of you and me bawling on Santa's lap in and post it next to Camryn's Santa trip pic for comparison.
I still have the picture of Stephen sitting on Santa's lap, where he is crying so hard that you can actually see his tonsils! There is something really scary about a grown man dressed like that...
i love how my eyes are closed in both pics. hahahahahahaha. although i think for one of them i did it on purpose just to be funny. i feel bad for making james sit on his lap. and only because the santa they had kind of had scary eyes and really funky looking teeth. he freaked ME out. i feel a little sorry for his mrs. santa at home. i'm so mean!!!
i hope you don't mind if i steal some of your pics for my blog. i promise not to forget my camera the next time we hang out!
Post a Comment